CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back to Nauvoo

Last summer, my family and I went on our summer vacation to Nauvoo. I had just found a mere 24 hours before our trip I had ancestors that were there. My grandfather Joseph Hyrum Pugmire was just a young teen when his family arrived to Nauvoo from England. He was baptized in Nauvoo and then was driven out and crossed the plains to Utah and then to Idaho with the first bunch of pioneers. As we visited Nauvoo, I could feel that side of the families presence and the pleasure they had knowing their granddaughter and her children went back to visit and without the animosity they faced.

Joseph Hyrum PUGMIRE
Born: 26 Aug 1833, Liverpool, Lancashire, England 2
Marriage: Martha ASHWORTH on 2 Apr 1887 in Logan, Cache Co, Utah, USA
Died: 20 Nov 1906, Salem, Madison, Idaho, USA at age 73
Buried: Nov 1906, Rexburg, Madison, Idaho, USA

0 comments: